Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Rebecca's HEARTH AND HOME - December 15, 2010

Greetings Dear Friends!

I pray that you all are enjoying this blessed Christmas season. Here things have been hectic (things have been hectic here for a long, long, LONG time!), but I am determined to get back on track with those things which I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the Lord has led me in, and that includes this publication. I had planned on starting back up in January, but I cannot let another month go by without talking to you! So, please, grab a cup of tea and lets get in a mid-December visit!

As I said, things have been hectic here for a long time, and I haven't really been able to share much of anything with any of you lately. In fact...looking back...I realize (and I didn't realize this until just now) it's been well over a year...September '09...since I have put out an actual issue of HEARTH AND HOME. Not good...huh? There's no way that I could ever share all that has happened in that time, so I will just start with where I'm at and go from there. So...here we go! :)

1) It's been a wonderful Christmas season thus far here. We had our family Christmas Saturday night (the 11th). All of our children, their spouses, and grandchildren were there, as well as my dad, a close friend, and one of our sons-in-laws' mother. There was a lot of good food, good music, laughter, and fun as the whole family came together to celebrate the joy of Christmas, and it is always such a delight to watch the grandlittles unwrap and enjoy their gifts! What a flurry of paper, giggles, and shrieks!

2) At family Christmas we also had a baby shower! Our son and daughter-in-law are expecting a baby any day now, and the original shower date was scheduled for the 4th, but, since everyone was down with the flu, it had to be canceled. Having a baby shower at family Christmas just added to the festivity. Our newest granddaughter, Sarah Kathleen, is due December 22nd and we can't wait to welcome her into our family! (This makes grandbaby #9!)

3) I have a couple of new recipes to share. I've not made them yet, but plan to next week, and I've tasted both of them and they are both extremely yummy! The first one was shared with me by my friend, Carla. It is...

PEANUT BUTTER BALLS

1 pound powdered sugar
1 stick butter, melted
2 cups peanut butter

Mix well, chill, and roll into 1-inch balls. Roll in almond bark (chocolate).

The second was given to me by our youngest daughter, Amanda. It is...

DIRTY SNOWBALLS

1 pkg. Oreo cookies, crushed
1 pkg cream cheese

Mix and beat until a smooth paste; chill. Roll into 1-inch balls; chill again. Dip in white chocolate; chill.


NOTE: Wouldn't these be pretty alternated in small boxes each drizzled with the opposite color of chocolate? Maybe one-half dozen per tiny box?

(Thanks for allowing me to share these, Amanda and Carla! They're both very good and I can't wait to make them myself!)

4) Here's another recipe that I'm hoping to try soon...

PINEAPPLE CREAM PIE

1 large can crushed pineapple, drained
1 small sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
1 pint plain yogurt

Mix well and spoon into a prepared graham cracker crust. Chill for at least one hour.

5) This simple recipe was shared with me by a friend over family Christmas...

EASY LEMON COOKIES

1 yellow cake mix, dry
1 tub Cool Whip
1 egg

Mix together, roll into 1-inch balls and bake at 350 degrees until done; cool and roll in powdered sugar.

(Thanks for sharing, S.C.! These cookies were delicious!)



Well, dear ones, I had planned on sharing a lot more with you, but it looks like this is all I have time for this time. It's been wonderful being in contact with you again. Have a blessed and beautiful Christmas and I promise to be with you again very shortly! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

All My Love,
~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!