Friday, March 18, 2011

In Times Of Trouble

St. Patty's Day is over and the company gone. As I settle myself down from a few days of silliness and fun, my thoughts now turn to the real issues of life...home, family, finances, etc. There's always so much going on that sometimes...most of the time, in fact...it's hard for me to even know where to begin with any of it. 

I get tickled...I read these gals on-line who seem to have it altogether and I'm sure a lot of them really do. I oftentimes, in them, see reflections of my younger self when I was more on top of everything and full of zeal. I seemed to have it altogether back then...but I really didn't! I probably had it more together then than I do today, but I was in a different season. Our children were all at home then, our parents were younger and still able to do everything for themselves, and it was just us...John and me and our children. It was easy. We prayed together and struggled and, somehow, with the Lord's help and guidance, we worked it out and we made it.

But now we're in a different season...we're older (with age comes a whole new set of problems), most of our children are married and have families of their own (now we worry about their problems....aging parents, financial responsibilities and difficulties, job changes, health issues of their own, the list goes on and on) and we still have our own issues to contend with...financial struggles, trying to finish up the education of the last of six children (which school has been almost impossible to keep up with lately), elderly parents and other family members that need the kind of help that we simply are not able to give (and with that, of course, comes guilt), and the list goes on and on.

Then, you add to that all that's going on in the world around us...wars, famine, earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, the threat of nuclear meltdowns...

Where does it stop? Can't we get off this crazy merry-go-round yet?

The answer is, no! The truth is...it doesn't stop! Life goes on and, contrary to popular theory, things are NOT evolving and getting better! This old world is slowing down and decaying...and it's going to continue the decaying process until the one constant in our lives...the one thing that, no matter how crazy life gets, always stays the same...comes...and that is Jesus Christ!

No matter how crazy life gets, it is to Jesus we must cling, for besides Him there is no other. He is THE Way...our rock, our shield, our buckler, our help in times of trouble, and it is to Him that we must run to and cling to...in good times and in bad.

Troubles? Yes! We all have them. Answers? No! Not always. But Jesus? YES! ALWAYS! Always the same...YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND FOREVER!

Do you know Him?


"And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, be the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and the kingdom against kingdom: and tehre shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows" (Matthew 24:6-8).


"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble" (Psalm 46:1).


"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever" (Hebrews 13:8). 

If you don't know Jesus as your Lord and Saviour...if you've never had that personal relationship with Him and would like to...it's not too late. Ask Him into your heart today, then commit your life to following Him and the teachings of His Holy Word. If you need more information, help, or someone to pray with you, feel free to e-mail me proverbs31heart@yahoo.com. I am here and I am praying for you even as I write this. In Jesus' name...

All My Love,
~Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. This is so true! Scripture says we will have tribulations in this world. We will always have troubles. Our only source of hope is the Lord. He will comfort us, get us through it all and give us great reward!

    I too feel like I have far more worries and trials now that most of my children are grown. There are so many more difficulties to face!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    love and blessings
    Mrs. White

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!