Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Recipe - POUND CAKE

I had never made one before, but my dad requested a pound cake for his birthday. I had never attempted any kind of bundt cake, either, but found this bundt pan at a thrift store a while back and bought it. This was the result of my first attempt at both...

Fresh From The Oven Pound Cake In Thrift Store Find Bundt Pan

Pound Cake Cooling On The Cooling Rack

Pound Cake With A Powdered Sugar And Milk Icing Drizzled Over Top


 POUND CAKE 

2 3/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups butter, softened (I used light butter)
5 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup evaporated milk

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour tube pan, 10x4 inches, or 12-cup bundt cake pan. Beat sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds. Beat on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 5 minutes. Beat in flour, baking powder and salt alternately with milk on low speed. Pour into pan. Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 70 to 80 minutes. Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!