Thursday, April 21, 2011

Recipe - STRAWBERRY GELATIN DESSERT



I originally intended to make a Paula Deen dessert that I had seen on Swagbucks TV the other day, but, when I started making it I tweeked and tweeked and kept tweeking until I think I ended up making more of an original dessert than not...so...here it is...

STRAWBERRY GELATIN DESSERT

2 boxes strawberry flavored Jell-O
1 cup boiling hot water
1 pound fresh strawberries
3 bananas
1 can chunk pineapple
1 cup chopped pecans
1 box sugar-free French vanilla instant pudding
2 cups plain yogurt, sour cream, or milk

Open Jell-O and pour into bowl; add boiling water and stir until dissolved. Crush strawberries and bananas, slice pineapple chunks, and mix together with chopped pecans (I did this with my kitchen aid. Spray an oblong glass baking dish with pan spray and spoon half of the Jell-O mixture into the pan and flatten out level. Put it in the fridge to set (this only took about 20 minutes). While that's setting, mix instant pudding and yogurt, sour cream, or milk (I used plain, homemade yogurt and it worked really well or any combination of the three however you choose would work well, too). After fruit and gelatin mixture is set, spoon the pudding/yogurt mixture over that, then top with the remaining fruit and gelatin mixture. Chill until ready to serve.


This is part of the 12th edition of The Christian Home Magazine.

3 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds delicious!!

    Blessings
    Mrs. White

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that it IS good! We just had some for dessert after supper and this is definitely something that I will make again. Wouldn't this make a great 4th of July dessert? Just add some blueberries and viola! Hurray for the red, white, and blue!

    Thanks for commenting, Mrs. White! And thanks for entering the RESHAPING IT ALL giveaway! Have a beautiful Resurrection Sunday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooh this looks sooooo good! I will have to give it a try! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!