Friday, May 6, 2011

Hens and Chicks

Hens and Chicks
A couple of years ago my friend, Carla, gave me two hens. They were about 3 inches across and just as cute as could be. I planted them and, as you can see, they have thrived! The big mama hen now measures over 6 inches across and there are lots and lots of babies. I've never divided them before, but am getting ready to do so. If you have had experience with dividing hens and chicks and have any advice to offer it would be much appreciated, and if you live within a reasonable distance from me and would like to have a chick or two when I divide them, just let me know! I've got lots to share!

Big Mama And Her Brood

2 comments:

  1. I realize that this post is seven years old, but I'd love to get some hen and chicks started when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Laura-girl! You and me both!!! When we moved, I brought a bunch of hens and chicks with me, but they all died. Makes me want to cry every time I think about it. Sorry, Lady! I have none left to share. :(

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!