Thursday, June 23, 2011

RECIPE - BLT Pasta Salad

BLT Pasta Salad
For lunch today I put together a bacon, lettuce, and tomato pasta salad. I started off with a recipe that I had, cut it in half (there are only three of us), tweaked it a bit, and added my own touches. It made for a cool and summery one-plate salad and my family loved it! Here's what I came up with...

BLT PASTA SALAD


1/2 box whole wheat rotini
6 slices turkey bacon, cooled and cut cross-wise into narrow strips with scissors
1 large tomato, diced
3 good handfuls of mixed lettuces, torn into small pieces
1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
1/2 cup Miracle Whip light salad dressing

Cook the pasta according to package directions, then drain and run cold water over it to cool it. After it is cool and drained well, toss all ingredients together in a large salad bowl and chill for at least an hour before serving. (Serves 3)

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I will try it this summer. I eat alot of it year round, but especially in the summer. A couple nights ago, I made an awesome Greek Salad. My husband and I loved it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!