Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Morning Journal Entry - Wednesday, November 16, 2011


~ I Awoke...

... to the ring of the telephone...a morning sunshine call from my daughter-in-law. (smile)

~ I Am Hearing...

... the sounds of my husband and son as they go about their morning routine.

~I Am Thankful For...

... the hope and encouragement that the Lord sends my way through other women. It may come in the form of a spoken word or a hand-written note...a phone call...a prayer...or through a new blog that I just happened to stumble across. However it comes, I always know when it's from Him and I can't help but whisper, "Thank You, Lord!"

~ Things That Made Me Smile Within The Last 24 Hours...

... my crazy 16-year-old. He had me laughing so hard when we were exercising last night that I could barely do what I supposed to be doing!

~I Am Thinking...

... about my plans for the day, week, and rest of the month, the upcoming holiday season, and frugal ways in which to do for and give to others.

~ My Plans For Today...

... today will be a quieter day than most (I hope!). My plans are to straighten house, attend afternoon Bible study, and have tea with a friend as we plan and work on sweet Christmas surprises together.

~ What's For Supper...

... breakfast is over, lunch is ready and waiting on the stove (ham and beans with cornbread warm in the oven), and supper is already cooking in the crockpot. Tonight we're having Crockpot Lemon and Garlic Chicken (recipe below), baked sweet potatoes, green beans, and homemade bread.
 
 
CROCKPOT LEMON AND GARLIC CHICKEN
 
(This is one that we especially like!!!)
 
2 pounds chicken breasts or tenders
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. butter
1/4 c. water
3 T. lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
1 tsp. chicken granules
 
Brown chicken in skillet, then add all ingredients to crockpot. Cook on HIGH 21/2 to 3 hours or LOW 5 to 6 hours. Spinkle with parsley right before serving.

3 comments:

  1. love your blog :) I am now following you from Bethe ;)
    Blessings
    Rainbow
    PS maybe you will follow me back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rainbow! It's nice to meet you and wonderful to have you here. And, yes! I will definitely come check your blog out. Am headed there now!

    All My Love,
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so refreshing! Jesus is the refresher! Love your recipe! <3

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!