I am pleased and excited to announce that Rebecca's Hearth and Home has been awarded a new blog award from Shelby over at Every Little Blessing! Thank you, Shelby! What a sweet surprise! And what a blessing! Thank you!
This award comes with a few rules:
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post. (Again, thank you SO MUCH, Shelby! I feel so loved today!)
- Share 7 random things about yourself. (That’s easy. I’m pretty random.)
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers and let them know about it.
7 Random Things About Me:
1) When I was little Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Cinderella" with Leslie Ann Warren was my favorite show (and it still is!). I could hardly stand the yearly wait between runs. After I was married and living in Blue Springs I found a copy of it on VHS at BlockBuster, but, now that I no longer have a working VCR, I've gone several years without seeing it. I need to find a copy of it on DVD! :)
2) I've known my husband since I was 5 and he was 12. Our dads worked together, played guitars together, and were best friends. Years later we discovered that they were distantly related. John and I were always close friends, but we both grew up and married other people. After both marriages ended in divorce we married each other and combined our families. Between us...his, hers, and ours (actually they're all "ours" because all of our children were friends their whole lives before we got married, too!)...we have seven children (six of whom we've raised together) and we have been blessed with ten beautiful grandchildren.
3) I used to work in retail at a little place called Matco in Blue Springs, Missouri (it was a branch of the Mattingly Brothers Corporation...bigger than Mattingly's 'five and dime' and this was before Wal-mart came to town)...and I loved, loved, LOVED the Christmas season there! I can remember having all the registers open and customers lined up clear to the back of the store! And, while I know there were "those" customers that were complainers, overall, people seemed much happier...much more joyful...more full of the Christmas spirit...than they are now. I loved working retail back then during the Christmas season!
4) I am an only child...as is my husband. We have no brothers and sisters, have no nieces and nephews, and will never be an aunt or uncle. The thing that we were blessed with though is lots and lots of cousins! Some of my closest cousin's children call me 'aunt', as do the children of one of my best friends and one of my ex-husband's nieces that I have inherited. The name...'aunt'...though not really my own...is one that I treasure.
5) I grew up very different from most of my friends. My parents were into self-sufficiency...wind generated electricity, solar heaters, wood heat, gardening, canning, grind your own grain, chickens, goats...the whole nine yards. It was kind of like growing up on a 1960's/70's commune without the commune. BUT...all those things I learned back then have come in handy throughout my lifetime and I wouldn't change that upbringing for anything in the world now. Thanks, Mom and Dad! <3
6) My two favorite kinds of candy are York Peppermint Patty and Dove Dark Chocolate.
7) I collect hearts, teacups, saucers, and teapots, small nativity sets, and, in honor of my heritage, anything Irish or Scottish.
So now on to MY nominations. This part was difficult, not because I couldn’t think of 15 people I wanted to nominate, but because I had a hard time narrowing the list down to only 15. Please check out these blogs. They are fantastic.
1) Crystal at Homemaking on the Homestead. (One of my favorites for a long time!)
2) Sandy at Nutmeg Notes.
3) Barb at Handbook of Nature Study. (I love, love, LOVE this site!)
4) Tina at The Quiet Home.
5) Tamara at Apron Strings & Holy Things.
6) Laura at Harvest Lane Cottage.
7) Lorie at The Midlife Housewife.
8) Jolene at The Alabaster Jar.
9) Lilly at Lilly's Home Journal.
10) Carla over at Glimpses and Reflections. (Carla is just getting started, but you've got to go check out the aprons that she crocheted for her girls! They're beautiful!)
11) Keri at Growing In His Glory.
12) Marybeth at Let It Grow.
13) Georgia at Georgia's Kitchen & More.
14) Denise at Shortybear's Place.
15) Nicol at Ladies Of Virtue Journal.
Please visit these ladies and, while you're there, please, be sure and leave them a comment or, as Shelby calls it, some blog sugar (isn't that precious?). And, Shelby, thanks again so much! This was a super fun meme!
All My Love,