Friday, January 20, 2012

Five Minute Friday - VIVID


It's FRIDAY! That means it's time for another 'Five Minute Friday' where as, our hostess, and inspiration, The Gypsy Mama, puts it, we write "For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not."

Want to join us? Then be sure and visit The Gypsy Mama today! 

Now...for today's assignment...

Go!

Today's word is VIVID, and, again, it's a timely word chosen from Gypsy Mama's repertoire of beautiful and lovely life words!

Last night my husband, John, and I were talking and he said something romantic to me...something to the effect of, "My eyes were created to look at you...my hands to touch you." At that moment vivid memories flashed through my mind's eye. John and I's dads were best friends and they spent a lot of time together. Four to five times a week our families were together so our dads could play guitars and, since John and I were both only children, that meant that we spent a lot of time entertaining each other as we, literally, grew up together (he was 8 years older than me though...I remind him all the time...he will always be older than me! LOL). Anyway, when I was little (ages 5 on up into my early teens) John and I would spend a lot of time together at his piano. He would play and I would listen and watch him play...for hours! I loved it! And the most vivid memory that I have of us growing up is just what he said...his eyes and his hands...his eyes when he would turn to the side to look at me and smile as he played, and his hands as they moved beautifully up and down the keyboard of that piano. Beautiful, vivid memories! Thank you, God!

Stop!

That boy...and those eyes...

...that piano and those hands (that's me to the left).

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Your husband has God's heart.
    You're blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome, I love how God crafted a womans heart for romance. Thank you for sharing and love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how sweet! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete