Made these for the first time tonight. Delicious!
RICH AND CHEWY BROWNIES
(This decadent delight is made with only fat burning ingredients.)
- 1 cup Evaporated Cane Juice
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat flour (use rice flour if gluten-sensitive)
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 heaping scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP 60% cocoa semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 TBSP original soy milk (Silk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside 1 TBSP of both the chocolate chips and the walnuts for the topping, then mix remaining dry ingredients together in a big bowl. It is best if you get the lumps out of each dry ingredient before you add it to the bowl. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients together. Then, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing well to prevent lumps from forming. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray. Pour the brownie mixture into the pan. Top with the leftover walnut pieces and chocolate chips. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Cool and serve. Makes 16 servings.