Monday, October 1, 2012

31 Days Of Praise - Day One

Photo Credit
Once again I am being challenged by Lisa Jo Baker over at Tales From a Gypsy Mama, who in turn is being challenged by The Nester over at the Nesting Place to write for 31 days about any subject of your choice.

I hadn't even seriously considered taking this challenge until this morning. I couldn't think of a single topic that I felt that I even could write about...let alone wanted to. The past few years have been difficult to say the least, but the past few months, weeks, and days have been particularly trying. I've not been able to concentrate on anything and it shows...in every area of my life.

But...the past few days a reoccurring theme has kept presenting itself to me. At every turn the Lord has been challenging me to praise Him in the midst of our difficulties. It's something I used to do with ease, but, here lately, even that has been difficult for me.

BUT...(yes...another "BUT")...here today before God, and you as my witnesses, I accept the challenge to offer up 31 days of praise unto the Lord and commit to sharing the results of that challenge here. I ask that you pray for me as I embark on this challenge, because I am, indeed, afraid to commit, because I've just not been that good at keeping my commitments lately, but before God, and you, I promise my best to try. Some days it may be little more than a whisper of a prayer, but I do commit to do my best to complete this challenge.

Let me start with this scripture of singing praises to our Lord. I know that there's a little tune that goes with this, because we used to sing it often at our little church back home in Blue Springs, Missouri. It is with that tune in my head that I present this verse to you this morning...

"I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever..." (I will sing! Oh, I will sing!)
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever! I will sing of the mercies of the Lord!
"And with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness" (thy faithfulness!)
And with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness "to all generations."
(Psalm 89:1)

And this morning I offer up praise to the Lord for the following...
First and foremost I praise the Lord God for His immense love for me. Ninety-nine percent of the time I feel so incredibly unworthy of it, yet I know that it's true that He loves me because His Word tells me He does. So much so that He sent His only begotten Son to die on the cross of Calvary and shed His precious blood for me! I must not fall prey to the enemy of my soul and allow myself to go by feelings. No! I must rather go on faith. If God's Word says it, then I must believe it!

Dear Heavenly Father, I praise You and thank You this morning for sending Your Son, Jesus, to die on the cruel cross of Calvary for me. Cleanse me from all unrighteousness, Lord, and create a clean heart within me. Forgive me for my failings and help me (us) to overcome the current difficulties that assail me (us) on every front. Help me (us) to redeem the time and do that which is right in Your sight. In Jesus' holy and precious name I pray...Amen!
 
Have a blessed day everyone! 

In Him,
~Rebecca

Today's gifts...

 3 GIFTS ORANGE -

     41. big, round pumpkins
     42. juicy, tangy oranges
     43. a big, orange tabby that will forever live in my memory



No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!