Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 Days Of Praise - Day Three

Photo Credit
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and glory to His name!

On Day Two of  Lisa Jo's challenge I shared the fact that God had made yet another promise to me...the promise to do a new thing in my life, and to make a way in our wilderness experience and to provide rivers of living water in the dry, parched, and sometimes desolate desert places in which we now find ourselves. What refreshing promises to hold on to in times such as this! Thank You, Lord!

Last night, after a better, but still particularly trying day, the Lord reminded me of another promise made to me long ago....a couple of promises, in fact. Promises that have not yet come to pass, but promises that I know are still in the works. Here is the passage of scripture that the Lord led me to last night...

"But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany 
salvation, though we thus speak. For God is not unrighteous to forget your work 
and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have 
ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that every one of you do 
shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not 
slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. 
For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, 
he sware by himself, Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will 
multiply thee. And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise."
(Hebrews 6:9-15)

In the midst of all this turmoil that we are currently going through, I believe that the Lord is telling me that He knows. He knows what we've been through...the sacrifices we've made...and that He has not forgotten us, nor has He forgotten the promises that He made to us many years ago, and that if we, through faith and patience, endure, that He will bring them to pass.

Dear Heavenly Father, I praise You and thank You for the promises that You've made to us in Your Word, as well as those that You've made to us personally, and the fulfillment of all...whether it be now or in the future. I give You all praise and glory today, Lord, and I lift Your name on high!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!