Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days Of Praise - Day Two

Photo Credit
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and glory to His name!


Despite the fact that Day One of Lisa Jo's challenge went very well, by nightfall it was with a heavy heart that I finally climbed into our bed burdened with fear, doubt, and anxiety concerning the future of our family. How can God fix all that's wrong? To me there are no answers. In my desperation I reached out into the darkness and grabbed the Bible that my children gave me as a Christmas gift many years ago. It rests on the nightstand by our bed. In the darkness I flipped it open to an unknown passage. Then, I turned on the small light that we keep on the head of the bed, and I read...

"Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?
I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."
(Isaiah 43:18-19)

Praise the name of the Lord! In that moment of utter desperation I had reached out of the darkness and into the marvelous Light of God's Word and, once again, He failed me not! There in that moment of utter desperation God made yet another promise unto me! He promised that He will do a new thing in my life! That He will make a way in the midst of our wilderness experience and provide rivers of living water in the dry, parched, and sometimes desolate desert places in which we now find ourselves.

After reading those verses I shut the light off, cradled the Bible in my arms, and drifted off to sleep. I awoke several hours later to find it still there...nestled in my arms...held close to my chest. I could hear the quiet breathing of my husband asleep beside me and suddenly I knew that, no matter what uncertainty may present itself with the passing of each new day, with God making a way...with God opening up our path step-by-step before us...all will be well. 

Praise the name of the Lord forever! Amen!

In Him,
~Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. If we give Him control over our lives, it would be so much easier. We have been talking about this in Bible study, trusting in the Lord. Wishing you all the best.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!