Tuesday, October 16, 2012

31Days of Praise - Day 16






On Day 16 of Lisa Jo's challenge, I offer up praise for God's never-ending protection. I am really not safe to be on the road after dark and, for the past several years, I've managed to avoid driving after dark as much as possible, but, with recent life changes, I can no longer avoid it. Praise God! He miraculously provided new glasses for me this year that came complete with a glare-resistant finish, and we do have a different vehicle with better lighting, but it's still not as good as it could be (I think I need halogen bulbs or something...I don't know). Anyway, this morning, before daybreak, I was taking my son to work in Lamar. When I popped the little hill on NN Highway there was a skunk right in the middle of my lane. There was no time to react. I hit the poor little thing and, of course, my van stinks terribly, but I praise God that it wasn't a deer. It was on that same hill a while back that a deer, literally, stepped out on to the road right in front of our next-to-the-oldest son who was riding his motorcycle at the time. Again, there was no avoidance and, the fact that he came out of that accident alive is miraculous. Over and over again the Lord, in His merciful goodness, has watched over and protected our family and I praise His holy name for it. Blessed be the name of the Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!