Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Comparing Ourselves To (A Mix Of New And Old)

I read these words on Lisa Jo's blog this morning...

"...May I sit down next to you? May I sit crisscross apple sauce on that pock marked carpet and whisper into your ear?

Small, my friend, is exactly the right size.
Small is understanding ourselves in true relation to the God who made us.
Small is being able to write fearless, without worry about big criticism.
Small is fitting into our own shoes.
Small is how the Savior fit into our skin.
…but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness. ~Philippians 2:7.
Small is the size of every new beginning. Create without a measuring stick...."
I read this this morning, too...an archived unposted post from my own blog early 2011 never posted from fear of criticism. I'm publishing it now...

"Good Morning, Sweet Sisters!  I pray that you all are having a very blessed holiday weekend!
I  just wanted to share something with you all this morning...
Yesterday morning Tony was watching "The Prince of Egypt"...and I really paid close attention to a song that Jethro (Moses' father-in-law) was singing...the one about "...you must look at your life through heaven's eyes..." Do you know it?
Anyway...I really listened to it and it touched me because, lately...and I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or it's just the enemy taunting me or what...but, I've been having quite a hard time comparing myself to everyone around me and judging myself by them...what they're doing...what they look like...etc. and I've felt like such a failure in so many areas lately because...no matter what...I just can't measure up. That is some dangerous thinking to get into!
Well...this morning I got up and immediately the Lord gave me a scripture reference. It is Colossians 3:1-3. It says...
"If ye then be risen with Christ seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God."
My footnote says, "Because our lives are hidden with Christ in heaven (v. 3), that we must set our minds on, and let our attitudes be determined by, the things above. We must value, judge, view, and consider everything from an eternal and heavenly perspective. Our goals, pursuits, and ambitions should be to seek spiritual things (vv. 1-4), resist sin (vv. 5-11), and put on the character of Christ (vv. 12-17).  Spiritual graces, power experiences, and blessings are all with Christ in heaven. He bestows those things upon all who sincerely ask, diligently seek, and persistently knock (Luke 11:1-13; 1 Cor. 12:11; Eph. 1:3; 4:7-8)."
I know that it's simple and basic...but isn't that awesome? It really spoke to me and I just wanted to share it with you this morning. 
Please, pray for me that I would be better able to accept and put into practice all the gifts and talents that the Lord has given ME,  as well as, to accept and change what I can about me and not to worry about the rest. Your prayers are greatly appreciated! God bless you!
Love and Hugs,
~Rebecca"

By the way...here's the song that I was referring to in this post...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!