Friday, October 26, 2012

Five Minute Friday - Voice

It's FRIDAY! That means it's time for another Five Minute Friday where, as our hostess and inspiration, Lisa-Jo Baker, puts it, we write "For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not." 

Today's topic is voice. So...here...we...

Go!

I used to write...a LOT! Back in the late 80's and early 90's...before the days of owning my own pc...I used to pen-pal. Anyone remember pen-paling?


Back then there was a publishing house called House of White Birches (I don't think they even exist today), but back then they put out some wonderful ladies' magazines, one of which was called Women's Circle, and, there, nestled amongst the articles and beautiful craft ideas, you could always find pages full of the names and addresses of ladies who were seeking friendship through the, now, almost lost art of hand-written letters and/or post cards. It was wonderful! Back then I had well over one-hundred  pen-pals that I wrote to on a monthly basis. Can you believe that? And that was in the early years of homeschooling our five older children!

Back then life was full and interesting! With a houseful of young ones it seems that there was always something going on and I felt like I had a lot to share...a lot to offer...I had a voice and I used it! But, in recent years, as the children have grown up, married, started families of their own...and I've grown older...my days have quieted...and, most days, I feel like I've nothing left to share...like I've nothing left to offer...like I've lost my voice!

For years I've struggled with writing. I used to write all the time...and it was good (at least that's what people told me), but, as of late, I've felt like I have nothing to write about and that I write nothing but drivel...and it makes me ache...because writing is what I used to do best.

But God knows the desire of my heart! I've been praying about all this and I've asked Him to help me in this area...to give me my voice back...and to allow me to use it for His glory. As I seek to do this, I covet your prayers. I want a life that is full and overflowing with the love of God...a life full of purpose and beauty that will lend a basis and substance to the voice that I do have to share...no matter how faint or faltering it might seem to be to me right now.

I know that in this new season of life God can, and will, bring me to the realization of whatever is next. As each new day dawns I whole-heartedly commit to use the voice that He has given me for His glory and His purposes! In Jesus' name! Amen!

Stop! 

#FiveMinuteFriday

1 comment:

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!