Friday, October 12, 2012

One Thousand Gifts - October 6-12

One Thousand Gifts
As you probably already know...off-track I've gone again! Despite the best intentions my '31 Days of Praise' and 'One Thousand Gifts' posts lasted all of five consecutive days. Then, boom! I was derailed with life again and that's where I've been...living life in the ditch beside the track instead of living life on it. Will it ever change? I have no idea, but, here I am today with a few extra moments, so, once again, I'm determined to set my sights on the things that the Lord has laid on my heart and go at it again. As I post I will try to include things that I have thought of along the way over the past week. Some of them I've written down and some I haven't. We'll just have to wait and see what we come up with! Here goes!

Day 6 Gifts...

     Three Gifts Redeemed...

          57. my eternal soul...bought and paid for by the shed blood of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
          58. a reputation...what I once was I no longer am
          59. money-saving coupons...I used a coupon this week for $2.00 off on olive oil. That's big savings!

Day 7 Gifts...

      A gift baked...
                ...stirred...
                    ...eaten...

          60. brownies, fresh from the oven, warm, gooey love for those I hold dear
          61. a heart (stirred with emotion)
          62. food...both physical and spiritual

Day 8 Gifts...

     Three gifts prayed for...

          63. wisdom from on high
          64. direction from the same
          65. that no weapon formed against us shall prosper (Isaiah 54:17)

Day 9 Gifts...

     Three gifts praised for...

          66. a new-to-us vehicle (Thank You, Lord!)
          67. the opportunity to visit Phillip and Amanda over the weekend (our son-in-law and youngest daughter)
          68. for faithful friends and family members who don't hesitate to come along side

Day 10 Gifts...

     Three hard eucharisteo...

          69. struggling financially (but learning to trust God in the bleakness)
          70. watching my children struggle and not being able to help (but I know the One Who can!)
          71. learning to let go (even when it hurts)

Day 11 Gifts...

     Three gifts of change...

          72. nearly two and half decades of homeschooling ended
          73. the last of our children...a boy-man...engaged
          74. an empty nest looming large

Day 12 Gifts...

     A gift small...
            ....smaller...
                  ...smallest...

          75. grandchildren...small in size, but huge in blessing
          76. my problems compared to some
          77. an act of kindness...it may seem insignificant to the giver, but it might just mean everything to the one receiving


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are catching up nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Martha! I really questioned whether I should even try or not, but I'm glad I did. Thanks for commenting! Love you, friend! <3

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!