Monday, October 22, 2012

Suffering For The Cause Of Christ (Another From The Draft File)



Source: http://aclj.org/
The Apostle Paul tells us in 2 Timothy 3:10-12...

"But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, 
charity, patience, Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, 
at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. yea, 
and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."

Persecution, in one form or another, is something that those who choose to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will face. Loyalty to Christ, His truths and His righteous standards involve constant determination not to compromise our faith by listening to, and giving into, the voices that call out to us from the world inviting us to conform to it and lay aside Scriptural truth. Because of their godly standards the faithful will be deprived of privilege, ridiculed, and will experience grief at seeing godliness rejected by the majority. Perhaps each of us should ask ourselves..."Have I suffered persecution because of my commitment to live in a godly manner? Or is my lack of suffering a sign that I have not stood firmly for Christ Jesus and the righteousness for which He died?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!