Saturday, December 29, 2012

Taking Charge In The New Year And A 31 Day 'Use-It-Up' Food Challenge

2012 been one of the worst years (if not THE worst year) that my husband and I have had yet. It started off badly and went steadily downhill all the way. I won't go into all the gory details, but will happily proclaim that I'm glad to see that it's almost over! I pray that 2013 is better. :)

I've got tons of stuff that needs doing, but getting anything done has, at best, been slow going for months and neglect on every front seems to have become the norm. I am hoping to take back some control over my life in the days ahead and I am beginning today!

The main thing that I have accomplished today has been to take down all the Christmas decorations and with, my husband's help, put it all away for another year. As I was taking down and sorting through, I took the time to pull out things that are no longer needed and/or wanted and have started a garage sale box. I will add to it as time goes on and plan a big sale in the spring.

Now I'm getting ready to work on menu plans. My plan is to, throughout the month of January, buy only that which is absolutely necessary (fresh produce, milk, bread, etc.), concentrate on using up as many things as I can out of what we have on hand (fridge, freezer, and pantry), and eliminate all unnecessary eating out. That should, not only clean up things that have been hanging around for a while, but save a lot of money over the course of the month, too. I'm anxious to see how it goes!

This challenge is really to myself, but would anyone else like to join me in this little adventure? If so, come on and let's go for it! I'll be sharing along the way and would like to hear from anyone else that might take me up on this challenge, as well!

Until Next Time...
~Rebecca



1 comment:

  1. I am ready for the new year! I too plan to try to get life back and get organized! I'm gonna start with my coupon's and organizing my kitchen so I can see what I have to work with. Amanda sent me a wonderful way to organize my shopping list! Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!