Friday, March 8, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Home


It's FRIDAY! That means it's time for another Five Minute Friday where, as our hostess and inspiration, Lisa-Jo Baker, puts it, we write "For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not." 

Today's topic is home. So...here...we...
Go!

When I saw today's topic a myriad of things flashed through my mind, but, of all the things, first and foremost the words of a song ran through there and it's stayed there all day long, so...that's what I'm going with.

I've only heard this song sung a few times and that was by some young friends of ours that used to live around the corner from us when we lived out at the farm (actually, more than friends...family...our oldest daughter-in-law's cousins) but we used to visit sometimes when they would be having family get-togethers and, occasionally, our dear, young friends, a brother and sister duo, would sing this song and it quickly became one of my favorites and still is. The words to it make me cry because it's how I feel inside. Anyway, I wish I had my young friends on video to share because, the truth is, they do a much better job, but I could only find the words and an old Gaither video, so I'm sharing what I've got. Please listen to the words of...

HOME

Home is where the heart is, my heart's own home
Though I never really had one to call my own
I've been given a key by the Carpenter of Galilee
With interest paid the title's made to me

Home, where there is no night
Home, where the Son is the light
The place I've been dreaming of so long

Loved ones there to welcome me
But His sweet face will be the first I see
When my journey's over I am going home

Everybody dreams of going home it seems
Lately I am no exception to the rule
But home is so much more than windows, walls and doors
It's a warm embrace and smiling faces awaiting you

Home, where there is no light
Home, where the Son is the light
The place I've been dreaming of so long

Loved ones there to welcome me
But His sweet face will be the first I see
When my journey's over I am going home

Home, where there is no night
Home, where the Son is the light
The place I've been dreaming of so long

Loved ones there to welcome me
But His sweet face will be the first I see
When my journey's over I am going home
And when my journey's over I am going home
    

Aren't the words beautiful? I've included that old Gaither video for those that are interested, but, like I said, I wish I had our young friends on video because they do a much better job! And that's the truth!

That's it for this time!

All My Love,
~Rebecca

STOP!




 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! The older I get, the more I miss His home! Thank you for sharing the song!

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!