Monday, March 11, 2013

Morning Musings - 3/11/13/Update On Aunt Linda

This chilly, Monday, morning finds me spending time with my Aunt Linda. I spent the night with her last night and we had a good night. We watched a movie together and, this morning, have been building ourselves up in the faith by listening to good preaching and filling ourselves with the Word of God. I am thankful for the time I get to spend with her. It makes me feel like a little girl again...spending the night at my Aunt Linda and Uncle Charlie's years ago when they lived at Appleton City, Missouri...when my parents and I would go down on the weekends and my parents and the aunt and uncle would garden together.

There are lots of good memories associated with that time and place in my life...goats, gardens, mothers' canning, blackberry cobbler, black snakes, red clay roads, Sunday school and Bible school at the Ohio Christian Church (Brother Bob Fenwick, pastor), and spending endless hours in play (and in endless chatter) with my little cousins. We created nature clubs and Bible clubs, chased shadows of clouds across open pasture, poked at tiny, black scorpions with a stick in the driveway, observed wiggly tadpoles in puddles, and used our secret decoder boxes (obtained free from boxes of cereal) to decode secret messages. It was a wonderful time in our lives that taught us lessons that would last a lifetime!

Many of the people that were in our lives at that time and place are gone now...Uncle Charlie, my mother, my younger cousin, Christina...all buried under the canopy of a big cedar tree at the Appleton City Cemetery...close to one another in life...buried not far from one another in death. Left now, of that time and place, are my Aunt Linda, my dad, boy cousins...one of which was just a baby and two of which weren't even born yet during the hayday of the gardening season...and myself.

Yes, I treasure times spent with my Aunt Linda, and am thankful that God has blessed me with her in my life. Thank you to all who have prayed for her and sent cards and letters of encouragement. It has blessed her in ways that you cannot know. Despite the fact that the doctors have written her off as dying, God's hand of protection is on her and He's got a plan. Day by day she grows a little stronger and we are believing that her work on this earth is not done yet. Please continue to stand in faith with us for health and healing in the days ahead. Thank you all so much!

In The Love Of Christ Jesus,
~Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the update on your Aunt, Glad you had a nice visit with her. :)

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!