Thursday, March 7, 2013

Recipe - Sweetened Condensed Milk Substitute

At my husband's request I went to make a low-fat cheesecake only to discover that I didn't have any sweetened condensed milk, so I Googled substitutes and found a recipe that sounded right. I tweaked it even more and came up with this tasty and healthier version. I will never buy sweetened condensed milk again.

SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK (Original Recipe)

1/3 c. boiling water
3 T. melted butter
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 c. powdered milk

Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before using.

SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK (Made With My Tweaks)

1/3 c. boiling water
3 T. melted Smart Balance
2/3 c. crystalized cane juice (Florida Crystals Organic Sugar)
1 c. powdered milk

Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!