Friday, October 25, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Together


It's FRIDAY! That means it's time for another Five Minute Friday where, as our hostess and inspiration, Lisa-Jo Baker, puts it, we write "For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not." 

Today's prompt is together. So...here...we...
Go!

About once a month a few close girlfriends/family members and I get together for tea. We rotate houses and each one, in turn, serves as hostess to the others. Today was my turn.

I always look forward to getting together with this particular lovely group of ladies. Our little group consists of one friend a little older than myself (mother and mother-in-law to two of the girls), two friends younger than myself (daughter and daughter-in-law of the slightly older friend), my oldest daughter, and an assortment of whatever children might be in tow with the two girls in the middle. (The little girls usually outnumber the little boys by a two-to-one ratio, but Baby Leeza is always the star of our show! She is absolutely delightful and just full of fun!)

Sweet Baby Leeza
What I appreciate most about this particular group of ladies is that there is never any tension...no pretense...no pressure...no stress...no gossip. There is usually a lot of laughter, sometimes a few tears, and always a sweet time of fellowship that lingers long and runs deep.

Together my sweet friends and I drink tea, eat something scrumptious (my treat today was pumpkin streusel muffins), and just enjoy being together. We discuss what's been going on in our lives since our last get-together, news of family and friends far away, what we've all got coming up, and recipes. Today's discussion focused primarily on plans for a long-overdue, upcoming, polar bear birthday party, plans for the soon-approaching holidays, and matters of the heart and spirit.

Theses special times, shared together with special, long-time friends, aren't anything fancy. They just are! And that, being coupled together with the fact that we are together is what makes them so wonderfully special!

Stop!

Until next time...

All My Love,
~Rebecca
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a monthly gathering with a commitment. Good intentions often go only so far, causing us to miss being able to "one another" many of those that we love. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!