Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Michelle Duggar's Tater Tot Casserole



My husband and I were watching Season One of 19 Kids and Counting on Netflix last night and in Episode 8 - Trading Places, Duggars StyleMichelle was teaching the boys how to cook one of the family's favorite recipes...Tater Tot Casserole. My husband, who never eats anything like that said, "Boy! I bet that's a killer! I wonder what's in it?" So, I looked it up and, after reviewing it, he said, "Well...that doesn't look too bad...does it? Why don't we try it sometime?" WHAT!!! So, while in Pittsburg today, I bought the ingredients and made it for supper tonight. While it's not something that my husband would want to eat very often, he did like it and it was very good! We will definitely fix it again sometime! For us, I halved the recipe, but am thinking that the full recipe would make a great dish to take along to a church dinner, family reunion, or some other large gathering. Don't you think?

MICHELLE DUGGAR'S TATER TOT CASSEROLE

 2 pounds ground turkey, cooked, seasoned, drained
3 (2-pound) bags Tater Tots
2 10 3/4-ounce cans cream of mushroom soup
2 10 3/4-ounce cans cream of chicken soup
2 12-ounce cans evaporate milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spread the seasoned, browned meat in two 9x13-inch casserole pans. Cover the meat with the Tater Tots (you don't have to cook them first). Mix the soups and milk together and pour the mixture over the top.

Bake for 1 hour. Serves 16 to 20.


Again, for us, I halved Michelle's recipe and there are enough leftovers for, at least two, maybe three more meals. This would be a great meal to serve when the grandlittles are over. I bet that they would love it! :)

Have a blessed evening!
~Rebecca

7 comments:

  1. I like to put green beans in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I served ours with green beans on the side. It was so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so happy to see a recipe that does not use cheese or cheese soup. I’ve made this for years with only ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, creamed corn and tater gems. Suits us fine, with maybe a veg on the side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Simple and delicious! Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  4. Best ever!! Add cheese 🧀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried it with cheese, but will next time. Thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!