Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sanctified And Set Apart For God's Purposes

Some of my thoughts during my early morning Bible study this morning...


"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth" (John 17:17).

To "sanctify" means to make holy, to separate or set apart. The evening before His crucifixion Jesus prayed to the Father that His disciples would be a holy people, separated from the world and sin for the purpose of worshiping and serving God. God's people must be set apart in order to be near God, to live for Him, and to be like Him. This sanctification is accomplished by their devotion to the truth revealed to them by the Spirit of truth through the living Word of God (a personal relationship with Jesus Christ) and the revelation of God's written Word (the Holy Bible).

Where are you in the sanctification process? Are you set apart from the world as you seek after God and His ways (hot)? Or can you still be found pursuing the world and it's temporal pleasures (cold)? Or do you find that you're somewhere in the middle (lukewarm)?

In Jesus' message to the Laodiceans He said, "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot; I could thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth" (Revelation 3:25-16).

Perhaps it's time to get off the fence?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!