Thursday, February 13, 2014

Recipe - Valentine Cherry Pie Bars

Photo Credit: Budget 101
This recipe has been going around Facebook the past couple of weeks or so and it catches my eye every time. I determined to make this recipe in celebration of Valentine's Day and our anniversary and I did so tonight. It turned out well and is absolutely delicious! Thought I'd share with you here! Happy Valentine's Day!!! <3

VALENTINE CHERRY PIE BARS

1 cup of butter softened (I used light butter)
2 cups of sugar (I used raw sugar)
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp almond extract
3 cups all purpose flour (I used unbleached, unbromated white wheat flour)
2 cans of cherry pie filling (can use just 1 if you need to)
Preheat Oven to 350F

In a mixing bowl, cream your butter, sugar- add eggs & extract. Beat well to mix. Add flour and salt, mixing well. Spread half of the batter in a greased 9x13 pan, Spoon the pie filling over the batter Randomly drop tablespoons remaining batter over the pie filling. Bake for 35 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean

If you wish to add a glaze mix 1 c. powdered sugar, 1 tsp. almond extract, 2 tsp. milk and drizzle bars; cool.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!