Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Simplified Strawberry Smoothie (S, E, or Fuel Pull)

Simplified Strawberry Smoothie
Since my daughter, Amber, created this wonderfully delicious, 'Simplified Strawberry Smoothie', and shared the recipe with me, I've not missed a day of making and enjoying one. The recipe is based on the Trim Healthy Mama's 'Big Boy Smoothie' (page 242) and is super easy to make. With just the right amount of sweetness, and thickness, I can hardly tell the difference between it and a calorie-laden strawberry shake from a fast-food joint. It's beyond delectable!

SIMPLIFIED STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE (S, E, or Fuel Pull)

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 to 3 packages of Truvia (based on desired sweetness)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
a couple of nice, big handfuls of unsweetened frozen strawberries
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (optional)

Pour unsweetened almond milk into your blender up to the 1-cup line. Add Truvia, vanilla, and whey protein, if desired. (Note: The whey protein powder takes the smoothie from being a snack, to making it a meal, as it is very filling.) Then, add strawberries and blend on high.You might have to scrape the mixture down a time or two as it is very thick. Serve in a large glass and enjoy. Sometimes I use a straw and sometimes I just eat it with a spoon! It is so yummy! :)

#thm

3 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you on leaving the ice cubes out of it! I have been putting in 1/2 the milk and some 0% greek yogurt. I'm going to try your way. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing with us, I believe this website genuinely stands out
    :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are a bunch of volunteers and starting a brand new
    scheme in our community. Your site provided us with useful information to work on. You've done a formidable job and our whole neighborhood shall be
    thankful to you.

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!