Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Trim Healthy Mama - Where We're At At The Moment

Trim Healthy Mama
We've been on the Trim Healthy Mama for several weeks now. Well...sort of anyway. We still haven't finished reading the book (have I mentioned that the book is HUGE? 619 pages), but we've been reading along as we get a chance, trying new recipes, and learning new ways of doing things. Some of it we've put into practice; a lot of it we have not. As we do more research, we do have questions, but, thus far, we have gained a wealth of valuable information.

In addition to adding some really great recipes in our menu planning, we've been pretty much sugar-free for about a month and a half now (not perfectly, but for the most part), have given up white potatoes and discovered some really awesome alternatives, have learned the difference between starchy and non-starchy vegetables, and have learned a much better way of pairing foods for maximum fuel burning within the body. 

BUT...we have also made some very unwise decisions in the process, like trying to get set up in everything all at once, which there is absolutely no need to do, especially when your budget won't allow it. I feel really bad about this and feel that I have wasted money that could have been better spent elsewhere, but, my husband, who always offers grace when I goof up, tells me not to worry about it. He says we'll just chalk it up as a learning experience and move on. 

All in all I think things have gone well. At this point I think we're going to keep what we've learned that has worked for us, throw out what hasn't, and continue to move toward a simpler, more basic diet in the right combinations, but am not going to try to write about the Trim Healthy Mama on a weekly basis. I will continue to share THM recipes as I try them out and write, occasionally, about anything of interest that comes up in relation to it. We're not throwing the Trim Healthy Mama out by any means. We've just got to get a better handle on how to proceed using simpler, more basic foods. I will continue to update as we move along. And, when we get the book finished, I will be writing a review, so, watch for it! :)

You might be wondering if I've lost any weight since being on the Trim Healthy Mama. The answer is yes, some, but my objective right now is not the weight-loss as much as it is to get down to food basics...food as close to the way God made it as possible...and get off the sugar, the soda, and the starches. While I still have a long way to go, I have made progress in these areas, and I am thankful for all that we've learned and for all we have yet to learn.  

I will keep you posted in the days ahead and am still greatly interested in others who have embarked on the Trim Healthy Mama journey. 

Until Next Time...

All My Love,
~Rebecca <3

#thm

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like wisdom. I've been derailed for a few months. I've set May 1 as my new start date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much to learn, Laura, and I think it will take a long time to get it all down, but, with each go at it, we learn something new to implement and practice, and, with each change, comes new victory! I wish you well with your new start date and know that you will see new successes day by day. (((HUGS))) <3

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!