Monday, July 17, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ July 17, 2017



I'm excited to be joining Happy Homemaker Monday for the second week in a row. Forgive me for posting this early. I am writing it late Sunday night as I will be gone all day tomorrow and didn't want to miss out on the fun! Have a blessed week everyone! 

The weather.....

...is still very hot and humid. The forecast promises temperatures in the mid- to upper-90's for the next ten days at least. I'm so looking forward to fall! 🍁🍂🍁🍂


Right now I am....

...enjoying a cup of tea, writing this post, and waiting for my last load of laundry to come out of the dryer. 


Thinking....


...that I should be heading to bed soon.


On my reading pile.... 

I've had no time to read anything extra this week beyond my daily scripture reading, so, the same as last week...


- The Untapped Power in Praise by Kenneth W. Hagin
The People of the River's Mouth by Michael Dickey
- To Know Him by Gloria Copeland

Favorite blog post last week (mine or other)....

- This post by my friend, Laura, at Harvest Lane Cottage. Laura's "Thrifty Week" posts are interesting to read and they challenge me to think of new ways to be thrifty on my own home front. Thanks, Laura! 💜 


A Thrifty Week at Harvest Lane Cottage #107


Something fun to share....

- Don't know if it's fun or not (more like fun-ny) but I made the news this week! 😄

http://www.koamtv.com/clip/13495775/eclipse-10pm-7-15

Blog hopping (newly discovered blog)....

- I haven't had time for blog hopping this week, so nothing newly discovered here. 

On the menu for this week....


- Monday - beans, ham, and cornbread

- Tuesday - roasted chicken, fried zucchini with cheese, and fresh tomatoes
- Wednesday - stuffed peppers and fried zucchini with cheese
- Thursday - sauteed zucchini with sauce and meatballs
- Friday - salmon, mashed potatoes, and broccoli
- Saturday - homemade pizza
- Sunday - leftovers

On my to do list....


My weekly "home blessing" 

- Attend Project Wild and Wild About Elk classes at Prairie State Park

In the craft basket....


- Nothing this week. 


Looking forward to this week....


- Having two days off in a row with nothing scheduled. Am hoping to work towards getting the other house finished up so we can get it sold and out of our hair. 


Looking around the house....

- At the moment it looks and feels clean. I stayed up late getting Monday's "home blessing" finished early, because I knew that I'd be gone all day and wouldn't have the time or energy to do it later.


From the camera....



Granddaugher, Mercy, Enjoying A Slice of Watermelon
At the 4th of July Celebration in Nevada, Missouri

Granddaugher, Esther, Enjoying A Slice of Watermelon
At the 4th of July Celebration in Nevada, Missouri
On my prayer list.....

- Miciah - health and healing for a broken arm.



Bible verse, Devotional....

I Peter 2:21-24 - "For ever hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example that ye should follow his steps, Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sin, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."


Until next time...

~Rebecca

Other recent posts that you might enjoy:


Rebecca's Hearth and Home Newsletter - July 2017


Birthday Parties On A Budget


Dollar-S-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g, Cabinet-Cleaning, Clean-Up-The-Food Project Kick-off

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!