Monday, August 14, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday - August 14, 2017


Greetings, Dear Ladies!

What a beautiful and blessed birthday week I have had! One that has been filled with the love of family and friends and unexpected blessings on every front! Thank you to all here who have helped to make it special!🎈🎉🎂🎉🎈


And what an honor and blessing it is to be linking up with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and the sweet ladies at Happy Homemaking Monday again this week! 

The weather...

The weather has actually been quite nice. Daytime temps have been in the mid-80's with nighttime temps in the mid-60's. At this moment it is 76 degrees and mostly sunny with a 40% chance of rain later in the day. The week ahead promises to heat up a little, but not be too bad considering we're in the middle of August. 🌞


Right now I am...

Doing laundry and enjoying a Diet Cherry Pepsi (a habit that I'm trying to break) while working on this post. 

On my reading pile... 


The same as last week. Am keeping up with daily Scripture reading, but don't think I've read more than a few paragraphs to a chapter or two of any of these this week. 


People of the River's Mouth - In Search of the Missouria Indians by Michael Dickey
Talk To Me: Connecting With The Heart of God by Lynette Hagin
Trim Healthy Mama Plan by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison

On the menu this week....

As with last week, I've made a few blunders along the way, but, considering it's been birthday week, I've not done too bad with staying on plan...at least when I've been home and have been able to. While out, even if not considered THM friendly, I've consistantly tried to make the healthiest choices possible, and, while splurging a little, have chosen not to eat a lot of junk. 
For my birthday dinner my daughter went all out and made me a full and complete THM dinner. It consisted of broccoli-cheese soup, herb-roasted chicken, roasted cauliflower, green fries, and cheesecake. It was superb! Restaurant quality and full of flavor! She did an excellent job! 💓


Here are this week's previously written supper plans, but, as there are still a lot of leftovers in the fridge from last week, these are very likely to change...

- Monday - Crispy Salmon (S) pg 283 Original THM, Deviled Eggs (S) pg 228, sliced beets
- Tuesday - Peanut Sauce Night (S) pg 337 Original THM
- Wednesday - Chicken Tenders (S) pg 345 with Green Fries (S) pg 357
- Thursday - Fakertot Casserole (S) pg 147
- Friday - Slow Fajitas (E) pg 53 with rice and beans
- Saturday - Grilled Salmon (S, E, or FP) pg 284 Original THM, Sweet Potato Fries (E) pg 217, Creamless Creamy Vegetables (pg 352) (FP)
- Sunday - leftovers

On my to do list....

- Complete my "home blessing"
- Go over this week's planner and try to get a handle on everything that's coming up in the next week or two, detail plans, and make lists)
- Hear several of our grandchildren present the Scripture passages that they've been working on over the summer as part of the National Bible Bee.

In the craft basket...

- Nothing at the moment


Looking forward to this week...


- Spending time with my friend, Laura (chemo), having birthday lunch with two of our granddaughters, presenting my night program on bats at work, and watching eclipse in totality


From the camera...

Visiting the old haunts of childhood. Went to church here on Sundays as a child and stayed a couple of weeks with my aunt and uncle in the summertime to attend Bible school. Am glad we stumbled across it by accident yesterday. Brings up a ton of sweet memories! 💓

Ohio Christian Church - Lowry City, Missouri

Scripture Reading....

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).

Well, Ladies, that's if for this week! I pray that each and every one of you have a blessed week ahead and I will see you next time!

Until then...
~Rebecca


Recent posts that you might enjoy:

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post. I love visiting places from the past - you're right, so many sweet memories! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Week! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your take on the Home Blessing.. what a marvelous manner in which to show appreciation for God's blessing of giving us our dwelling place and honoring our responsibility to be a good steward... I believe if I took that pov then I wouldn't mind the tasks quite so much! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday meal (minus the cauliflower ;)) Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jean! I did have a wonderful birthday (including the cauliflower)! (giggle) You have a great week ahead and enjoy the eclipse! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm running so late visiting this week. Happy Belated birthday! I LOVE your inspirational! Have a great rest of the week and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tamy! You have a great weekend, too! <3

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!