Monday, September 4, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday - September 4, 2017



Greetings, Dear Ladies!

Happy September! And Happy Labor Day! I pray that this post finds each and every one of you healthy, happy, serving the Lord (and your families) with gladness, and enjoying your day to the fullest!

It's so good to be here with you all again this week. The past week has a been a complete blur and I'm not really sure where it's went, but I do know that it's a blessing to be linking up with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and all of you here at Happy Homemaking Monday again this week! 💓

The weather...

Today is supposed to be the last hot day with a high of 93. After this the bottom drops out. Wednesday the high is supposed to be 66 with an overnight low of 48. The rest of the days in the ten-day forecast promise to be warm (highs ranging from 71 to 82) with cool, crisp nights (lows in the 50's). Fall weather at its finest and I'm going to be lovin' it! 🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁


Right now I am...

Having a cup of tea and visiting with my husband while working on this post. Stripes (our cat) just finished his breakfast and is sitting on the floor between my husband and I's chairs acting like he's in on (and up-to-date) with everything that is happening. 😄 He's a good cat. We've had him a long time.17-years to be exact. 🐱

On my reading pile...

I've actually made progress this week! I finished 
Talk To Me: Connecting With The Heart of God by Lynette Hagin and read another short book after that which finishes up the required reading for this section of the Bible college course that I am taking. Actually, my best friend and I are taking the classes together. We are now, officially, half way through. Yeah!

People of the River's Mouth - In Search of the Missouria Indians by Michael Dickey and Trim Healthy Mama Plan by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison are still in my reading pile and, to that, I have added Growing Up Spiritually by Kenneth E. Hagin and a book that my cousin purchased for me called Missouri Caves in History and Legend by H. Dwight Weaver. I haven't started reading it yet, but it is in my reading pile. I probably won't start it until after I finish People of the River's Mouth. The book captured our attention when we realized it features one of the caves that our dads used to explore when we were kids. My dad and uncle actually took my cousin to that cave once when he was a boy. I wanted to go, but never made it. I certainly did enjoy the stories about all their adventures there though! It will be fun to see what the book has to say about it. 😊


On the menu this week....

- Monday -  Troodle Casserole (S) pg 135 with Swiss Garlic Bread (FP) pg 196
- Tuesday - 
Chicken Parmy (pg 161) over sauteed yellow squash (pg 222) and Simple Steamed Broccoli (pg 354 THM Original)
- Wednesday - 
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup (E) pg 100 served with 2 slices sprouted bread toast
- Thursday - Fakertot Casserole (S) pag 147
- Friday - Grilled salmon (S, E, or FP) pg 284 Original THM, yellow squash sauteed in butter (S), and Green Fries (S) pg 357 THM Original
- Saturday - 
Salisbury Steak (S) pg 174, Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes (S) pg 361, Simple Steamed Broccoli (S) pg 354
- Sunday - leftovers

On my to do list....

- Complete my "home blessing" 
- Go over this week's planner - detail plans and make lists for everything that's coming up
- Keep working at the old house (we've got less than 30 days to finish up before selling)

In the craft basket...

- Last week I told you all about the hanging stars made from big bluestem that I was working on and several of you expressed an interest in seeing them, so here one is. T
his is a craft project that I will be doing with children at an upcoming tall grasses program at work.

Stars Made of Big Bluestem Grass and Artificial Sinew
- In addition to this, I am very excited about a new endeavor that I am hoping to break into. As soon as I get my tools together and can produce a decent product, I will share more. 

Looking forward to this week...

- The gorgeous fall weather and s
pending time with my friend, Laura (last chemo treatment! Woo hoo!)


From the camera...More pictures from Watkins Woolen Mill State Historic Site where our youngest daughter works. These photos were taken inside the house.

This beautiful spiral staircase takes visitors from the first
floor of the Watkins home to the second.

These little dolls capture my attention every
time I visit the Watkins home. Aren't they cute?

I love all the old books on the shelves in the library...
especially this beautiful, old, family Bible.

There are several oil lamps in every room of the Watkins
home and I think I've taken pictures of every one of them.
This one sits on the dresser in 'the girls' room."

This loom in the Watkins home is used to
 make rag rugs for the floors.

Here our daughter demonstrates how the loom
works and how the rugs are made.
Scripture Reading....

There are so many voices in the world today that sometimes it's hard to know what's what, but to experience God's peace and freedom from anxiety, believers must fix their minds on the truth of the Word, because, in reality, it's the only Truth that there is. When everything is coming against you and you can't think straight, quiet yourself, open your Bible, and think on these things...

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things (Philippians 4:8).

Well, Ladies, that's if for this week! I pray that each and every one of you have a blessed week ahead and I will see you next time!
Until then...
~Rebecca

Recent posts that you might enjoy:

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures, it's been so hot here in Texas. Your menu sounds interesting, a lot of cool sounding meals :)

    Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your star, very neat! Can't wait to hear about your new endeavor. Normally, I wouldn't be excited for cooler temps and fall but this year for some reason, I am excited for a new season to get here. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was almost 90F here today but it was so much cooler last week. I'm really looking forward to some Fall weather. Yay, for last chemo treatment! Such great news :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was an absolutely wonderful post! Well done! Glad you're staying on plan, too. L has just been told he needs to lose 20-30 lbs so that he can have knee surgery. I think I need to just go ahead and start trying to follow the plan. My weight keeps going up and down in a crazy way anyhow.

    Be blessed my friend!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!