Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Making Croutons and Seasoned Breadcrumbs

It's a rainy day and afternoon Bible study has been canceled, so  I am using the time to catch up on a few projects around the house that have needed doing for a long time. So far I have made a double batch of laundry detergent, made up a batch of glass cleaner and one of all-purpose cleaner, and now have a batch of homemade croutons baking in the oven. I always save the odd and end bread ends that come along and keep them in the freezer until I have enough to make up a bunch of croutons breadcrumbs. Here's the recipe that I use:
CROUTONS
AMOUNT: About 12 Cups
Mix together well and bake in a single layer in shallow pan at 300 degrees F. until crisp, about 20 - 30 minutes; stir and rearrange, as needed, for even toasting:
1 1/2 lbs. bread, cubed
1 stick melted butter
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (mix with butter)
favorite seasonings to taste (I use basil and parsley)

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Would you share your recipe for your all purpose cleaner? I usually use 409 but I really want to start making more homemade things in order to stretch our budget. :)

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!