Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fresh From The Garden and Hot From The Oven - Margarita Pizza

One of our favorite summer time treats are Margarita pizzas (named after the queen of Spain for whom it was first made), and they're so easy to make! This one is made of tomatoes fresh from my dad's garden, and fresh picked basil from our own garden. To make...first make crust (1 c. warm water, 1 pkg yeast, 1 t. sugar, 1 t. salt, 2 T. olive oil, 2 1/2 c. flour), and spread in a pizza pan that has been drizzled with olive oil. Top with fresh, sliced meaty tomatoes, a handful of chopped, fresh basil leaves, and cheese (normally I use provolone slices, but today I used shredded mozzarella), and bake in a 450 degree oven until cheese is brown and bubbly; enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!