Thursday, December 16, 2010

Rebecca's HEARTH AND HOME - Correction and Update On 12/15/10 Issue

Good Morning, Dear Friends!

I've got a couple of things to share with you as an addendum to yesterday's post.

1) First of all, I need make a correction concerning the EASY LEMON COOKIE recipe. The recipe calls for a LEMON cake mix, NOT a YELLOW cake mix.

(Thanks for bringing this to my attention, A.K.! I appreciate it! :)

2) Secondly, in the original post I only shared the information that my friend had shared with me, but reader Annette S. e-mailed me last night with the following, and I really like what she has to say because it explains the recipe in more detail.

Annette writes:

<<<...Here's one you might like to share, and it's good anytime of the year -- not just Christmas. It uses any flavor of cake mix you like, but it's an easy cookie recipe. Take 1 cake mix, preferably with pudding in the mix, but it's not absolutely necessary; add 1 large egg and 2 1/4 C. Cool Whip (or an off brand of the same thing). The topping should be the tub kind, not out of a can. Mix all together well; it takes work. After all 3 ingredients are mixed well, roll into balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place on parchment paper on an ungreased cookie mix. Press your thumb lightly in the middle. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake. It's not always easy to tell when they're done enough but not overbaked. 12 minutes should be the absolute limit. Cool slightly and then place on a rack to cool completely. We found orange and chocolate cake mixes are excellent. My friend that introduced me to the recipe likes to use
lemon cake mix. I even have a spice cake mix I might use for this...>>>

(I really appreciate your sharing this, Annette! I can't wait to try my own hand at making these delicious cookies! The ones my friend brought were really good! Merry Christmas!)

3) And, last, but not least, reader Dawn G. writes:

 "Hi, Rebecca! Silly question: What is almond bark?"

Rebecca writes:
 

 "Not a silly question at all, Dawn! I didn't know what it was myself until recently. Almond bark is a vanilla flavored candy coating that can be purchased in blocks or discs in the baking supply aisle or candy-making section of your local grocery or discount store. Thanks for submitting your question and Merry Christmas!"

Okay...that's it for now! If anyone else has any questions, thoughts, or opinions, please, be sure and write. I always enjoying hearing from you! Have a great rest of the week and a Merry Chritmas!

All My Love,
~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!