Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hearth and Home Notes - 3/27/11

The past week has been a blur of minor emergencies, medical appointments, and unavoidable stress. Mentally, emotionally, and physically I am exhausted; spiritually I continue to cling to Jesus. He is my Rock, my fortress, my shield and buckler...a very present help in times of trouble. Praise the wonderful name of Jesus!

Last Tuesday I took Pat (a long-time friend that has been in my life since I was 10) to the hospital in Springfield where she had surgery on her leg. Since my last experience of going with someone and sitting through surgery by myself didn't go so well (it was my husband and he almost died) I was a little apprehensive about going and sitting through Pat's surgery by myself, but the Lord was with us and all went well. Pat is well on her way to health and healing and will be good as new in no time. We go back to the doctor in Springfield on Thursday.

Wednesday I was with family for a medical appointment in Joplin, and, on Thursday, yet another appointment with other family members...including my dad. He had been having breathing problems for over a week and it was getting worse and worse. A week ago the doctor had ordered up an overnight blood oxygen test and by Thursday the results were in and they were not good. The doctor said that my dad was a record patient for her...the patient with the lowest oxygen level readings ever to live and tell about it! (Arggh!)

After an examination and a chest x-ray my dad was given a steroid shot and loaded up with prescriptions for a whole host of medications to combat every possible lung-affecting illness known to man. The doctor called it "aggressive" treatment. She also ordered immediate in-home oxygen and we are awaiting further word on the x-rays. By Thursday night, the prescriptions were filled and oxygen was delivered to my dad's home. He goes back to the doctor on Tuesday and prayers on his behalf would be greatly appreciated!

Friday was spent grocery shopping and trying to regain some lost ground in the area of housekeeping and laundry. School was a total loss this past week.

Saturday was spent with family. Our son, Buddy, and his family came up for the day. Buddy went over and visited with Grandpa, and our daughter-in-law, Christy, and grandlittles, Lizzy, T.J. and Sarah, spent the day here with John and Tony and I. We had a nice visit, tea, and fellowship. Buddy and Christy and the children ended up having supper with us and that was nice in itself as it doesn't happen nearly as often as we would like.

Granddaughters Sarah and Lizzy


Today was quiet. After church we went out together as a family, had lunch, and picked up a couple of things at the store for my dad. After we got home we watched a movie and just spent the afternoon and evening relaxing.

I can't help but wonder what the week ahead holds, but, as I think of that, I am reminded of an old song that our oldest son and daughter used to sing at church together when they were children...and I am comforted. The name of the song is I KNOW WHO HOLDS TOMORROW and the first verse goes like this...

I don't know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from it's sunshine,
For it's skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said,
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.

Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.


With that, I know that whatever lies ahead...it's okay...because Jesus is there and He is beside me. I pray that all is well with you and yours and that all your tomorrows will be filled with God's greatest blessings.

Still Clinging To Him,
~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!