Saturday, April 23, 2011

Shabbet/Passover Meal - 4/23/11 / Recipes: OLIVE OIL DIP AND ROASTED LAMB CHOPS



We just got done with the most lovely Shabbet/Passover meal, and we were blessed to be able to share it with others. The evening started with my husband opening in prayer, then I lit candles thanking the Lord for being the creator of light and for sending us the Light of the world, His Son, Jesus Christ. After that my husband read from Provebs 31 and blessed me by saying a few sweet things about me. Then I read from Psalm 127 and I, in turn, blessed my husband. Then it was our guests' turn to speak sweet things...the husband over the wife and the wife, in turn, over the husband. Then both husbands/fathers spoke blessings over their children, and what a beautiful thing it was to witness. By the time we were done just about everyone was crying.

After that came the washing of hands, then the blessing over the Hallah bread and grape juice. After that, it was time to enjoy the meal. I served fresh garden salad with a homemade olive oil vinaigrette dressing, Herb Roasted Lamb Chops, parsleyed potatoes, asparagus, hallah bread served with an olive oil dip, grape juice, and Strawberry Gelatin Dessert. Everything was delicious and it was indeed a blessing for all in attendance.

For those who are interested, I am including the recipe for the olive oil dip...which would be great to dip broken pieces of homemade bread in as part of any meal...and the recipe for the Herb Roasted Lamb Chops. Here they are...

OLIVE OIL DIP

1/4 cup olive oil
5 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon crushed, dried oregano
fresh ground black pepper, to taste


HERB ROASTED LAMB CHOPS

4 large garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
2 teaspoons sea salt
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
6 1 1/4-inch thick lamb loin chops

Mix first four ingredients and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large Ziploc bag. Add lamb; shake to coat. Let marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a cast-iron (or other large, oven-proof) skillet over high heat. Add lamb; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and roast lamb chops to desired doneness Transfer lamb to platter and serve.

I wish each and every one of you a blessed Sunday and a Happy Resurrection Day! God bless all here!

All My Love,
~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!