Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy First Day Of Summer!

Good TUESDAY afternoon, dear friends! And HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SUMMER! I pray that this post finds you happy, healthy, and serving the Lord with gladness...praising Him in all things!

The past few days have been a blur! As already stated in an earlier post, Tony had his surgery on Friday. His finger is healing nicely, but he is still unable to bend it. He's afraid that it's locked up, but I'm sure that, as soon as the swelling goes out of it, it will be fine and he will regain the use of it. Please pray that I'm right about that.

Saturday afternoon the girls at the bank (where our son-in-law works) had a baby shower for Amber. She and Patrick's baby isn't due until the 8th of July, but the doctor believes that little Isaiah Andrew might arrive ahead of schedule. As of Friday, Amber was dilated to 1 1/2 and the doctor said she'd either see her again this week with the baby, or she'd see her for her regular appointment. It could go either way. This is grandbaby #10 for John and I and we are greatly looking forward to his arrival!


"But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting
upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's
children; To such as keep his covenant, and to those that 
remember his commandments to do them" (Psalm 103:17-18).

Sunday, of course, was Father's Day. After church I put a loaf of French bread on to make in the bread machine for supper, then we took my dad out for lunch. After we got home the rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing. I was asleep on the couch when our son and his family dropped in to wish John a Happy Father's Day. For supper, it was my intent to make John a 'dish of the regular' (his favorite)...pasta and sauce. I'm not quite sure what happened, but, for the first time in my life! (John taught me to cook sauce when I was 11-years-old) I burnt the sauce!!! And I mean burnt it...and not just a little, either! I burnt it a lot! We ate some of it, but it tasted like Woody's Smokehouse BBQ-ed Sauce...if you can imagine that! It was awful! And we all felt sick after eating it. If I can avoid it, I never throw food out, but I had to throw this out. It was terrible! But the chickens enjoyed it! (At least I'm guessing they did. They ate it all up in a matter of minutes! LOL!) Oh, well! Like John said...that's not a bad track record...23 years of marriage and that's the first time I ever burnt the sauce! (But...on Father's Day? Arrghhh!) LOL!  Not good!

Monday was good. I didn't walk over the weekend and I was feeling it. Come Monday morning everything was back on track...diet, exercise, and school. Only a few more sessions and we are done with the 2010-2011 school year. Tony, nor I, either one, can wait. It's been a very long...very tedious year!

A funny thing happened while ago...I had just finished doing my daily Bible study and reading from my Nancy Campbell "100 Days of Praise" devotional. Today's entry was entitled 'Born To Look Up' and it was based on Psalm 5:3. Immediately afterwards, I checked my e-mail and I had a post from a person that I had never heard from before. Their ID really grabbed my attention! It was 'lookup_above'! Isn't it amazing how God can use the littlest things to get our attention and give us a second confirmation of what He's trying to get across to us? Incredible!

Well...that's all for now, Ladies! I hope that you all are having a nice day! Enjoy the longest day of the year to the fullest and I'll talk to you again soon! God bless!

All My Love,
~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!