Friday, July 15, 2011

Good FRIDAY Afternoon! 7/15/11


Good Afternoon, Dear Friends!

How are you? And how has your day been? Do you and your family have anything special planned for the weekend? And how's the weather where you are? Here in southwest Missouri it's another extremely hot day with temperatures hovering in the upper 90's.

Despite the heat I'm managing to get a few things done that have needed doing for a long time, while, due to finances and other restraints, other things have to remain on hold indefinitely. I have to keep reminding myself to just slow down and take it easy. God is in control and everything will come together in His timing. It just feels so good to get things done and get them marked off my list. I love that feeling of accomplishment!

The past couple of days have been fairly productive. Yesterday I got my lower kitchen cabinets cleaned out and organized, and last night we got some mowing and weed-eating done. I made up another batch of Greek yogurt overnight and first thing this morning I separated the whey from the yogurt. The yogurt came out perfect and the whey will be added to smoothies and other items to gain the full nutritional benefit.

As part of my 'use it up' campaign, I am menu planning around the older items that I have moved forward in my cabinets, freezer, and pantry. Two of the 'older items' that I found in my cabinet last night was a can of crushed pineapple and a package of sugar-free vanilla pudding. It just so happened that, my friend, Laura, over at Harvest Lane Cottage,  had just posted some of her favorite summertime recipes yesterday and one of them was her Pineapple Cream Pie. It called for those two ingredients, along with a pint of yogurt and a graham cracker crust. I didn't have the crust, but I did have the fresh-made yogurt, so, I mixed those three ingredients together and put them together into a crust-less pie (which is what I normally do anyway because my husband prefers them that way and I sure don't miss the extra calories). We haven't tasted the pie yet, but am sure looking forward to serving this cool, low-cal, summer treat as a dessert this evening.

Other things that I've accomplished today have included cleaning house (straightening, dusting, shining the mirrors, spritzing the bathroom, scrubbing the toilet, doing the dishes, and vacuuming), washing and hanging out three loads of laundry, and putting up today's garden produce (green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, green peppers, and banana peppers). Supper is in cooking in the crockpot and bread machine (fresh green beans, potatoes, onions, ham, salt, and pepper with plenty of broth and French bread) and the last load of laundry is ready to be put away. I'll be glad when the after supper hours arrive and I can spend the evening relaxing with my family.

Well, I better be going for now. You all have a great evening and a nice weekend! God bless all here!

All My Love,
~Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. A Note On The Pineapple Cream Pie - I didn't have a graham cracker crust, so I just made it into a crust-less pie. It was a huge hit and, by making it crust-less and using sugar-free vanilla pudding and my own homemade fat-free Greek yogurt, I figured the calories to be less than 100 per 1/6th of a pie. This is a cool, summertime treat that I will definitely make over and over again! Two thumbs up, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so glad the timing was right, my friend. I'm glad you liked the pie. Thanks for mentioning my blog.

    I absolutely love green beans, ham and potatoes. I consider them a main dish as well!

    Have a wonderful week.

    Love to you,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!