Friday, November 4, 2011

Thanksgiving - Day Four

Photo Credit

Today I am thankful for extended family. This includes aunts, uncles, cousins, and in-laws. I may not get to see all of them and spend time with them as often as I would like to, but I carry each of them in my heart always and I love each and every one of them more than they will ever know. 
Growing up there were so many extended family members...grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins! Of course, now, the grandparents are all gone, but their memories live on in us, our children, and our grandchildren...just as the memories of their grandparents did in their parents and themselves and their children. John's still has his mom and I've still got my dad (for which I am very thankful), and between the two of us there are a handful of aunts and uncles left. And cousins! There are still lots of cousins! It seems like only yesterday that we were all running, screaming, playing, youthful cousins. Cousins...children that were once so wide-eyed...full of hopes and dreams for the future...but, now, like John and I, they are older...graying...have raised families of their own and are now grandparents themselves. How quickly time has passed! 
Yet, within this passage of time...within the inner-workings of extended family...there are sweet memories...irreplaceable memories! Memories that are shared by only a handful of people that God, in His wisdom, has woven together at this time...in this place...for His purposes...the people that make up our extended family!
And to my extended family members...
I just want to take a moment to say 'thank you' for the part that you have played in my life. You are treasured, valued, and loved more than you will ever know and I am so thankful that the Lord allowed us to share the memories that we do! God's blessings upon you...today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!