Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving - Days Twenty-three Through Twenty-five


Have been out of town and am a bit behind. Here are a quick recap of my Thanksgiving entries for days Twenty-three through Twenty-five...

Day 23 - Today I am thankful for family. Visited with my mother-in-law this morning and am now at our youngest daughter and son-in-law's in North Kansas City. Will spend Thanksgiving with both my girls and their families this year. Awesome! 


Day 24 - Today I am thankful for our forefathers that were brave enough to leave England in search of religious freedom, for the hardships that they endured that we might have the freedoms that we enjoy today (and pray that they continue so that our future generations might continue to know what freedom really means), and for that first Thanksgiving day celebrated so long ago in Jamestown. Thank You, God, for the bravery and freedom-fighting fortitude of those that came before us. May we continue to follow in the generations of footsteps laid before us.

Day 25 - Am so thankful for the time spent with family over the Thanksgiving holiday, for safety of travel to and from our destination, and for the fact that we are home, unpacked, and ready to relax a bit before going to bed. Had a wonderful time, but will enjoy sleeping in my own bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!