Monday, December 26, 2011

Monday Afternoon And That Leftover Turkey Carcass

Good Afternoon, Dear Ladies!

Christmas is over and oh! What a lovely Christmas season it's been! We haven't had a lot of money and we certainly weren't able to give like we would like to have given (in fact...most of our money in December went towards fixing plumbing problems...roots in our sewer pipes...not so lovely!)...but, regardless...we've had a beautiful Christmas season spending special time with family, friends, and loved ones.

Our family Christmas (the one spent with all of our children and grandchildren) was the 10th of December. Christmas Eve was spent with our oldest daughter and her family; Christmas Day (after church) was spent at our oldest son and daughter-in-law's with two of our children and their families. Afterwards we visited with old friends from back home, then John and I spent Christmas evening together unwinding after a busy week of holiday and church activity.

To be honest...Christmas night a dark depression fell upon me, but after a good cry, a long talk with the Lord, and scripture reading I was able to rise above it. By this morning I was back on top and ready to go!

So far today I've straighten house, did dishes, two loads of laundry, and have deboned the leftover turkey, and am now cooking down the carcass for broth. In doing a search I found this great article on what to do with that leftover turkey carcass and it includes a whole host of recipes...

Save That Turkey Carcass and Your Leftover Turkey And Turn It Into Turkey Soup!

Next, I'm getting ready to plan my menus out for the next week or two.

I pray that you and yours had a beautiful Christmas, as well, and I wish each and every one of you a bright, prosperous, and happy New Year! God bless all here!

All My Love,
~Rebecca


2 comments:

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!