Friday, January 13, 2012

Five Minute Friday - AWAKE



It's FRIDAY! That means it's time for another 'Five Minute Friday' where as, our hostess, and inspiration, The Gypsy Mama, puts it, we write "For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not."

Want to join us? Then be sure and visit The Gypsy Mama today! 

Now...for today's assignment...
 
GO!
Awake! What an appropriate word for today as I a m now finally and fully AWAKE! It's been a long week and there's been a lot going on...doctor appointments with loved ones, painful procedures, stressful situations, and not much down time. I thought that after the holidays were over things would slow down and that January would be calm and quiet. Not so! 

Long story short, today was the first day in a long time that I had nothing scheduled on the calendar and things just happened to work out where I was able to sleep in...that is...until the phone woke me up at 9:00. But 9:00! Wow! Almost unheard of now days! The beauty part is...I awoke feeling good, rested, restored, and fully awake! I am thankful! Feeling rested and fully awake...and not having to hit the floor with my feet running this morning is definitely a blessing! Thank you, Lord! I love You! <3

"And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: 
for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed" (Romans 13:11).

STOP!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely blog! Congratulations on your many years of homeschooling and so many grandlittles. The Lord has blessed you. I'm glad you were able to get some much-needed rest. 9am, that would be delightful.

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!