Sunday, April 22, 2012

Homemade Kansas City Style Barbeque Sauce

I found (and made) this recipe for Kansas City Style Barbeque Sauce and it is THE best!!! From now on I will be making my own!


HOMEMADE KANSAS CITY STYLE BARBECUE SAUCE

1 1/3 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup tomato paste
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup + 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4 cup molasses (unsulfered)
2 tsp all natural hickory or mesquite liquid smoke (Colgin)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp chili powder

In a large saucepan combine all the ingredients and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes stirring occassionally. Let cool and store in the fridge until ready to use. Makes 2 cups + 2 tbsp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!