Friday, March 15, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Rest


It's FRIDAY! That means it's time for another Five Minute Friday where, as our hostess and inspiration, Lisa-Jo Baker, puts it, we write "For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not." 

Today's topic is rest. So...here...we...

Go!

I don't know why, but every time I receive Lisa's post in my inbox each Friday...the one that tells what our assigned word for Five Minute Friday is? Instead of one thing entering my mind and sticking there...a whole host of things run through my mind...and for some reason I feel that I have to fit them all into one post. Why is that? Is that not weird or what? I mean don't most people just sit down, write a post, and be done with it? One point? One very good thought...well thought out and beautifully expressed? Isn't that how it works? And then, there's me. I feel that, for the most part, my posts are silly and quirky. I usually consider myself "multi-faceted", but sometimes I honestly believe that there is something seriously wrong with me. My mind goes in too many directions at once and, sometimes, it makes it really hard for me to do things...like...well...settle down and rest for instance. Oh, well!

Here are some of the thoughts that crossed my meager mind this morning concerning the word rest...

The first thing that immediately crossed my mind was Mark 6:31 - "And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while..."

Doesn't  that sound heavenly? With so much upheaval over the past year it is my heart's desire to do that very thing...depart with my husband into a desert place and rest awhile.

The second thing that crossed my mind was another song. A song sung by our children at church when they were little called Fishers of Men...especially the second verse...

Hear Christ calling "Come unto Me
Come unto Me, Come unto Me."
Hear Christ calling "Come unto Me
I will give You rest."

"I will give you rest.
I will give you rest.
Hear Christ calling "Come unto Me
I will give You rest."


Several other things went through my mind, as well, but my five minutes is more than up and there are other things to be done, so I will go ahead and close for now, but now you pretty much know the rest of the story...Paul Harvey! LOL!

Have a blessed weekend!

~Rebecca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!