Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Dollar-Stretching, Cabinet-Clearing, Clean-The-Food-Up Project For March - DAY 2 - 3/2/14

Greetings, Dear Friends! 

So far...so good! I'm on day two of My Dollar-Stretching, Cabinet-Clearing, Clean-The-Food-Up Project For March and I can see great progress taking place already! Especially in the area of our refrigerator and refrigerator-freezer, which are the areas that I wanted to focus on first because of so many fresh foods that can go bad quickly and things that are frozen that don't have as long of a freezer life as those in the deep freeze. 

Here's a report of today's progress...

DAY 2 - Sunday, March 2, 2014

*  For breakfast this morning I had the second Breakfast Burrito as mentioned in yesterday's post and John had an egg white omelet.

* We had a couple of things in the fridge and freezer that I wasn't quite sure what to do with...a bowl of egg yolks leftover from John's use of egg whites and six jars of frozen turkey broth. I surely could have used both somewhere along the way to make turkey and noodles, but I wasn't sure how old some of the egg yolks were and the broth has been in the freezer for over a very long time. I was trying to decide on what to do with them when John came up with a great idea! He said that with the cold weather he was sure that the outdoor cats could always use a little extra, so why not scramble the egg yolks for them and, as an added treat, he'd use the broth to pour over their dry food morning and evening over the next few days. So...that's what we decided to do. I scrambled the egg yolks with a little milk in them this morning for the outdoor cats and, starting tomorrow, John will pour a little of the thawed and warmed turkey broth over the dry cat food before serving it up to the kitty cats that live in the shed. At least someone will get some use out of all of it and I will try my best to be more conscientious and use things up faster in the future. I hate it when things get away from me like that, but, unfortunately, it seems to happen more and more in days of late. :/

* For lunch today I had leftover Stuffed Pepper Casserole and John had vegetable soup. We both had a piece of yesterday's Banana Cake for dessert. 

* Tony and Crissy joined us for supper this evening. I used the last package of frozen, leftover, Thanksgiving turkey and served turkey ala king over rice and heated up a package of frozen whole wheat dinner rolls.

* For snacks we had slices of 2% Colby cheese and, later, peanut butter and graham crackers.

That's all for today, so I will see you again tomorrow! Have a blessed week ahead!

All My Love,
~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!