Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Bacon-Wrapped Onions

Photo Credit
Over the holiday weekend we were invited to a barbecue. It was great to get out of town for a day and enjoy extended family.

While there I helped the lady of the house make shish kabobs and these cool little bacon-wrapped onions. At first I wasn't too sure about them, but they ended up being my favorite thing on the menu. They were absolutely delicious, and they were so easy to make!

To start, we cut vidalia onions (you can use any kind of onion) into 3/4" wedges and cut bacon strips in half (each long strip became two short strips).

Then, we wrapped each onion wedge with one short bacon strip, and secured each with a toothpick. We repeated this process until we ran out of bacon and onion wedges. We grilled bacon-wrapped onions on a medium-hot grill until the onions were tender and the bacon was thoroughly cooked.

To me, the combined flavor of the two ingredients didn't taste like bacon OR onion. The tasty, little morsels had a unique flavor all their own. Simple and absolutely delicious! :)

Until next time...

All My Love,
~Rebecca <3

One Thousand Gifts - #64 prayer, #65 opportunity, #67 ability

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!