Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Hand-Crocheted Dish Cloths

Hand-crocheted Dish Cloths - Red, White, and Blue
A couple of years ago I made crocheted stockings for each one of the grandlittles as part of their Christmas, and, to make sure that each child knew which stocking was theirs, I made each one of them in a different color. I had tons of yarn left over and have been looking for cute, little projects to use it up on ever since. When I saw these sweet, little, hand-crocheted dish cloths on a friend's website I knew that I had found my next project.

The dish cloths are really simple to make, and they work great. They will save money, too, because I will no longer be purchasing germ-collecting sponges. I can use the cloths, then, throw them right in the washer and dryer. Awesome!

My friend, Laura, not only makes and uses the cloths herself, but says she gives the dish cloths, along with a large bottle of dish soap, for bridal shower gifts. Isn't that a great idea? To read her post about that, click HERE.

To make the cloths: Chain 21, then single crochet in the second chain. Single crochet to end of row. *Chain one and turn. Single crochet in the first stitch and continue to the end of the row. Repeat from * until you have a square cloth.
Hand-Crocheted Dish Cloths - Blues and Beiges

Happy Crocheting!

All My Love,
~Rebecca


One Thousand Gifts -

7) a bald eagle perched high in the top of a big, tall tree (and its nest!)
8) a nice telephone visit with my amazing and wonderful Aunt Doris out in Dodge City, Kansas
9) my purple irises 

4 comments:

  1. Good morning, Rebecca. Thank you for promoting my blog. I'm glad you've got your project. Just think. You could make them for Christmas gifts, too. I actually have a granny square one that I use myself. I didn't think I'd like the holes, but I just bunch the cloth up and it's really flexible.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Laura! And, yes! I plan on making each of my girls (dd's and dil's) a set for Christmas. I absolutely love these little guys! Thanks for sharing them!

      Love,
      ~Rebecca

      Delete
  2. These are such an easy gift. I still make them.
    This year, I've been making these little sponges.
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/257690409909651237/
    They are great for using up bits of acrylic yarn.
    Enjoy your Christmas prep this year. It's time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are an easy gift. I've given away several three-pack stacks of them over the years.

      Oh, yes! I just looked up the scrubbies on Pinterest and they are so cute! I bookmarked the page. Maybe I will try making some of those soon.

      And, yes, it's time! (I'm so excited!!! Would you believe??? I'm already wanting to put my Christmas tree up. I won't, of course, but I WANT to! LOL!)

      Have a great day, my friend! Love you! <3

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!