Thursday, November 6, 2014

Five Minute Friday - Turn



The year was 1965. I was 4 years old and had two aunts living right next door who were both in their early teens. They listened to all the latest music and I loved listening to it with them. Turn, Turn, Turn written by Pete Seeger was a big hit for The Byrds that year and I remember it playing on the radio. I liked it then and I like it now.

The song, other than the title, which is repeated throughout the song, and the last verse, was adapted word for word from Chapter 3 of Ecclesiastes. The song holds the distinction of being the #1 hit with the oldest lyrics (Book of Ecclesiastes), authored by King Solomon. Pretty cool! 

What's even cooler is, that God has an eternal and unique plan for each and every person ever born. He has an plan for your life and He has a plan for mine. I don't know about you, but I don't want to miss that plan for my life.

All too often, I find myself going around in circles...wandering about in a particularly difficult season...wondering..."...just exactly what is God's plan and purpose for my life at this time?"

(Do you ever find yourself wondering things like that?)

It is in these times...during the hard, dry, and difficult seasons of life...that we must press in, drawing ever nearer to our loving Heavenly Father, allowing Him to help us in walking out and accomplishing His plans and eternal purposes for our lives.

"To every thing there is a season, and
a time to every purpose under heaven.."
(Ecclesiastes 3:1)

Until Next Time,
~Rebecca



Five Minute Friday - 4

Five Minute Friday - a free write, which means, as our hostess, Kate Motaung, says, "...no editing, no over-thinking, no worrying about perfect grammar or punctuation. Just write."

6 comments:

  1. Great post Rebecca! I do know what you mean about wandering around in circles. The best thing is patience and trusting God that he does have the best plan in mind for our lives! Your friend at FMFparty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in, Verona! Have a blessed weekend! :)

      ~Rebecca

      Delete
  2. Well, I'm jealous. All I could come up with was James Elroy Flecker, but you got The Byrds!

    I'm in a hard season that is not likely to end well. I do take comfort in the fact that God uses a different calendar, and that the physical spot of bother I'm in will come to the end of its time, and one day I'll see white shores, under a fast-climbing sun (image courtesy Gandalf).

    And those good times will roll on forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Andrew. That image of "...white shores, under a fast-climbing sun..." holds a very special meaning to me and it brought tears to my eyes. I will be lifting you up in my prayers. God bless!

      ~Rebecca

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I was wondering when someone in the FMFparty was going to use this song in their post! I am so glad that God has a season for everything. I am going through horribly difficult season right now and it is hard to see that this season has an end. Thanks for the reminder of this truth! Have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in, Momma! And thanks for commenting favorably on my selection. It was the first thing that popped into my head so I went with it. :) I'm sorry that you are going through a difficult season and will lifting you up in my prayers here. Have a blessed weekend! :)

      ~Rebecca

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!