Monday, October 5, 2015

Recipe: Taco Soup

Autumn is here and this cool, cloudy day has me thinking about warm soups, stews, and casseroles! One of our favorite soups of all time is Taco Soup and I've got a pot of it cooking on the stove right now!
Taco Soup

TACO SOUP

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef (I use ground turkey.)
1 envelope taco seasoning (I make my own. I'll share the recipe below.)
2 cans whole kernel corn, undrained
2 cans chili beans
2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained

Cook ground meat, add seasonings, corn, tomatoes, and beans. Simmer. Serve with tortilla chips and shredded cheese. Delicious! <3

HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING MIX

2 teaspoons instant minced onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
1/2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until evenly distributed. Spoon mixture onto a 6-inch square of aluminum foil and fold to make airtight. Label. Store in a cool, dry place. Use within 6 months. Makes 1 package (about 2 tablespoons) TACO SEASONING MIX. To make additional packages increase ingredient amounts proportionately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!