Monday, June 26, 2017

Dollar-S-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g, Cabinet-Clearing, Clean-Up-The-Food Project Plans For July


Due to changes in insurance coverage and extra payments being taken out all at once, July promises to be a few hundred dollars shorter than normal. No biggie! We'd be okay, either way, but, in light of the shortfall, we decided that July would be the perfect to time to institute one of our dollar-s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g, cabinet-clearing, clean-up-the-food project months, so...that's what we're doing!

Our plan is to begin by doing a complete food inventory to see what we have on hand. I will do the end-of-the-month shopping, as usual, toward the end of this week, but, I will not do a full shop. I will only purchase fresh items and items needed to round out what we have on hand. I will post my progress throughout the month and share meal plans and recipes as I can. 

I am excited about this challenge and am excited to share it with you! 

Until next time...
~Rebecca






3 comments:

  1. Hello Rebecca, this is my first time to visit....anxious to hear how well you can stretch the pantry! We are retired and living on a fixed income so I try to s-t-r-e-t-c-h everything. Stay the course and you'll make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Mary! So glad you stopped in! Thanks for the encouragement and for cheering me on! Appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  2. I wish I could join you. Since my husband's been doing the shopping, our grocery budget has gone way up.

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!